This is not some trick to make you run through your nearby mall’s Cheesecake Factory, blindfold yourself, and NOT watch yourself downing one of their 4-serving cheesecake slices. I think Heaven might be filled with guilt-free cheesecake and lots of fried tortilla chips and queso. Swimming pools of queso. But I digress.
I enjoy everything about cheesecake:
- Creamy happiness that lingers on the tongue
- Endless flavors…plain is delightful, and so is mocha-choco-lala, too.
- The word “cheesecake” spoken aloud ensues “oos and ahhs” from anyone nearby, even strangers. Especially strangers.
- Heavy and filling. It’s no fluffy macaroon in that way.
- Decadent, rich, everything that breaks all healthy rules. Until now.
Now I’m not going to pretend that this is the cheesecake you have on your birthday (and eat all of the leftovers over the 2 days after your bday…no judgment). But it’s guilt-free and satisfies the creamy, sweet, graham cracker-type craving you might have been missing. And it’s quick and easy and lowfat and light on sugar.
Who could ask for anything more?
Let’s get cheesecake-y!
1 serving, all for you
- 1 oz. neufchatel cheese or cream cheese or vegan cream cheese, softened for a few minutes
- 1 teaspoon honey or sweetener (or 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar)
- 1 TB jam or 1/4 cup fresh fruit
- 2-3 graham cracker halves
Step 1: In a small bowl, combine cheese and sweetener until creamy. Top with fruit or jam. Add graham crackers to the side. Dip graham crackers into filling.
Step 2: Devour.
Happy Dessert, people!